Hello, lettering lovers, and welcome to an all new Better Lettering Course monthly lettering challenge!
Inspired by last month's theme all about personal growth, I thought this month we could focus on creative growth and expanding the style of our lettering. That's why this month's theme is: #ExpandYourStyleApril!
If you're anything like me and you've been lettering for a while now, you most likely have settled in to a particular style that you go back to time and again. To break away from that a bit, this month I've provided for you not only words to letter as daily prompts, but also STYLE PROMPTS for you to interpret any way you like!
I'm going to be reaching outside my comfort zone all month long and posting my work on Instagram, and I hope you'll join me in doing the same.
April Prize Pack Giveaway Details
WHAT'S UP FOR GRABS?
This month we're giving away THREE prize packs worth over $60 each! Check out what's up for grabs below:
1. Strathmore Softcover Watercolor Journal - $13 (aff link)
2. Artist's Loft Fundamentals Watercolor Pan Set - $13 (aff link)
3. Pentel Arts Aquash Water Brush (Assorted Tips) - $14 (aff link)
4. MV Art Shop Abstract Affirmations Hand-Lettered Print Of Your Choice - $25
HERE'S HOW THE CHALLENGE WORKS:
Every day of April, post a photo of your lettering practice on Instagram using the prompt list below as your daily subject. Interpret each prompt in any way you like and for fun, try incorporating the style prompt to try out new lettering styles.
Every day you complete your practice counts as ONE ENTRY to win the prize packs up for grabs that you see above. (Max one entry per day for all 31 days of April.)
The more days you practice, the more chances you have to win!
Three winners will be randomly selected and announced on Instagram in early May.
THREE SIMPLE RULES FOR ELIGIBILITY:
1. You can letter any word, phrase, lyric, sentence, etc., but it must be at least one word and the word(s) or phrases must be different every day of the challenge. The April prompt list below is encouraged, but it's not required. You can choose whatever subject you like!
2. You MUST include #BetterLetteringCourse in your caption. (Also feel free to include #ExpandYourStyleApril, but it's not required.)
Please don't post photos of work you've already completed -- the point is to show up that day and create for the sake of practice! I do my best to check out everyone's work, but feel free to tag me in your caption so I can see your daily pieces - I'm @ckelso!
3. You must be a student of the #BetterLetteringCourse to enter. If you haven't joined us yet, it's only $20 for lifetime access to all 15 videos, teaching you the basics of hand-lettering! I update the course every month with a new resource!
Here's your handy prompt list. I recommend pinning to your Pinterest account, or saving it to your phone/desktop for quick access!
That's it! Looking forward to seeing all the new styles you come up with!