Holy (pumpkin-spiced) guacamole, y'all, it is almost NOVEMBER!
That means Thanksgiving is just around the corner -- one of my favorite holidays of the year! Food, family, warm and coziness.... did I mention food? :)
Even more than all that though, this time of the year inevitably leaves me with my mind centered on gratitude. And that's what I want to focus on with this month's challenge.
You guys know I love the challenge of cultivating a daily art practice, but you know what's even cooler than that? When I can also turn that into a daily mindfulness practice. And that's the goal here: allow your art to help you bring attention each and every day to one thing you could be grateful for.
So... November's theme for the Better Lettering Course Instagram Challenge is #LetterYourGratitude!
Every day of the month, use the prompt list below to zero in on one unique aspect of your life and turn that into a lettering piece so you can sit with a moment or two of gratitude each day.
Ready to join me? I hope so! Read up on the rules below and invite your friends using the tweet below!
November Prize Pack Giveaway Details
WHAT'S UP FOR GRABS?
The prize pack listed below is worth over $60 and this month again, FIVE winners will receive this full prize pack:
1. Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert (Hardcover) - $13 (aff link)
2. Sharpie Pine Point Assorted 24-Pack - $13 (aff link)
3. Just Add Color: Geometric Patterns by Lisa Congdon - $11 (aff link)
4. Sanford Prismacolor Watercolor Pencil Set, 12 pack - $12 (aff link)
5. A custom hand-lettered “Sharpie” lettering piece by me! You give me your phrase or quote, I'll design an 8 x 10 hand-lettered piece with your custom colors!
HERE'S HOW THE CHALLENGE WORKS:
Every day of November, post a photo of your lettering practice on Instagram using the prompt list below as your daily subject. Interpret each word in any way you like (or just letter the word itself!)
Every day you complete your practice counts as ONE ENTRY to win one of the five prize packs up for grabs that you see above. (Max one entry per day for all 30 days of November.)
The more days you practice, the more chances you have to win!
THREE SIMPLE RULES FOR ELIGIBILITY:
1. You can letter any word, phrase, lyric, sentence, etc., but it must be at least one word and the word(s) or phrases must be different every day of the challenge. The November prompt list below is encouraged, but it's not required. You can choose whatever subject you like!
2. You MUST include #BetterLetteringCourse in your caption. (Also feel free to include #LetterYourGratitude but it's not required.)
Please don't post photos of work you've already completed -- the point is to show up that day and create for the sake of practice! I do my best to check out everyone's work, but feel free to tag me in your caption so I can see your daily pieces - I'm @ckelso!
3. You must be a student of the #BetterLetteringCourse to enter. If you haven't joined us yet, it's only $20 for lifetime access to all 15 videos, teaching you the basics of hand-lettering!
Here's your handy prompt list. I recommend pinning to your Pinterest account, or saving it to your phone/desktop for quick access!
Let's use this month's challenge to stay mindful of the all the positive things that touch our daily lives!