Another month, another opportunity to win big by committing to your creativity!
After I came back from vacation last week, I was all jazzed up about acrylic painting (which is why you may not see some lettering posts for a while) BUT that doesn't mean I'm slowing down with the monthly challenges!
I absolutely LOVE seeing everyone's work over on Instagram, and even more than that, I love giving away awesome prizes in the mail!
This month we've got a fresh new list of 30 prompts, plus another Mega Prize Pack up for grabs! Check out the details below to join in on the fun and make sure you click through to grab the $20 e-course so you can participate and improve your lettering skills!
Click this link to share with your friends on Twitter and so I know you'll be joining us!
September Prize Pack Giveaway Details
WHAT'S UP FOR GRABS?
This MEGA prize pack, valued at over $150, is filled with art goodies galore! Some hand-lettering books, watercolor and ink lettering supplies, and some of my favorite classic pens for lettering.
Plus a mystery item from my favorite shop in San Diego, Pigment!
1. Whatever You Are Be A Good One (book of hand-lettered quotes) by Lisa Congdon - $11 (aff link)
2. Hand-Lettering Ledger: A Practical Guide to Creating Serif, Script, Illustrated, Ornate, and Other Totally Original Hand-Drawn Styles by Mary Kate McDevitt - $15 (aff link)
3. Little Book of Lettering by Emily Gregory - $13 (aff link)
4. Mystery item from my favorite local paper shop! - $20
5. Fw Fluorescent Acrylic Ink Neon 6 Set - $20 (aff link)
6. Pentel Aqua Water Brush Assorted Tips, 3 pack - $16 (aff link)
7. Loew Cornell Simply Art Watercolor Cakes $4 (aff link)
8. Creative Letterer Watercolor and Beyond Brush Set - $8 (aff link)
9. Tombow Dual Brush Pen Art Markers, Bright, 10-Pack - $22 (aff link)
10. Pentel Slicci Metallic 0.8 mm Gel Pen, Assorted Metallic 3 Pack - $10 (aff link)
11. Sakura 6-Piece Micron Ink Pen Set, Black - $9 (aff link)
HERE’S HOW THE CHALLENGE WORKS:
Every day of September, post a photo of your lettering practice on Instagram using the prompt list below. Interpret each word in any way you like (or just letter the word itself!)
Every day that you complete your practice counts as ONE ENTRY to win one MEGA prize pack that you see above with some of my favorite lettering goodies. (Max one entry per day for all 30 days of September.) The more days you practice, the more chances you have to win! In addition to the prize pack, I'll be giving away 5 gift certificates to the #BetterLetteringCourse so you could win the chance to give the gift of lettering to a friend, plus a signed lettering piece by yours truly!
THREE SIMPLE RULES FOR ELIGIBILITY:
1. You can letter any word, phrase, lyric, sentence, etc., but it must be at least one word and the word(s) or phrases must be different every day of the challenge. The September prompt list below is encouraged, but it's not required. You can choose whatever subject you like!
2. You MUST include #BetterLetteringCourse in your caption (so I can keep track of who's participating the in the challenge!) Please don't post photos of work you've already completed -- the point is to show up that day and create for the sake of practice! I do my best to check out everyone's work, but feel free to tag me in your caption so I can see your daily pieces - I'm @ckelso!
3. You must be a student of the #BetterLetteringCourse to enter. If you haven't joined us yet, it's only $20 for lifetime access to all 15 videos, teaching you the basics of hand-lettering!
Here's your handy prompt list. I recommend pinning to your Pinterest account, or saving it to your phone/desktop for quick access!